You know those bear paws you buy in the store that your kids love? The kid cookies that are so good you secretly sneak one, hoping the kids don’t notice? Don’t tell me I’m the only one.. Guilty as charged. I just happened to make them at home, and now you can too. Which will make your kids happy to eat something healthy, give baby something to gum on, and save you money. Making and saving huge amounts of money is possible right from your kitchen, and I write all about it here. So as always, this was a complete accident. I set out to make teething biscuits, and ended up what tasted so much like bear paws. Healthy version. Here it is:
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 cup fruit sauce/jam
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 cups baby cereal/ground quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ground flax
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 T vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cold butter
- Cut cold butter into chunks and mix on high with sugar, eggs, banana, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Add jam/fruit sauce and baby cereal. Slowly add remaining ingredients.
- Form into round balls, or ‘Bear Paws’ if desired.
- Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and store in air tight container. Eat them all before your kids find them.